Become a CTE Teacher
Teach Your Passion
The Syracuse City School District and our Career and Technical Education programs are at the core of a regional economic revival fueled by the recent announcement of the Syracuse Surge initiative that will bring more than 200 hundred million investment dollars to the area. A critical part of that “surge” will be the development of a new SCSD STEAM school and the continued growth of our CTE programs in order to provide the area with the state of the art workforce the new economy demands.
The Syracuse City School District is looking for passionate, skilled industry professionals to join our team as Career and Technical Education teachers.
- interested in a new career sharing your professional expertise with young people?
- ready for a challenging but rewarding opportunity to help students prepare for the demands of tomorrow’s workplace?
- passionate about working with students in an urban environment?
- committed to supporting our students throughout their journey and helping them reach the highest standards?
- At least 5 years of demonstrated success in the applicable career field or related bachelor's degree and 2 years experience.
- Meet requirements to qualify for and then earn a “Transitional A” teacher certificate from the New York State Education Department, which helps industry professionals transition into the ranks of state-certified CTE teachers.
- Willingness to work closely with higher education, industry professionals, community members and other SCSD CTE partners.
If you’re ready to invest in the economic future of our students, our city and our region, please contact SCSD CTE Programs (315) 435-4964
- A supportive and professional environment.
- Ongoing professional development to help strengthen classroom instruction.
- Continuing education support to help meet teaching certificate requirements.
- A consistent workday/year.
- Paid vacations and holidays.
- Opportunities for additional income during the school year as well as the summer.
- A strong benefits package (including health insurance) and the ability to qualify for a New York State pension.